Americans spend more money on vehicle purchases than they do health insurance or entertainment. Accordingly, regular car inspections are needed to protect your investment and reduce the total cost of ownership. What can you expect during an auto inspection? Here are all the details.
What Happens During an Auto Inspection?
Here at Sun City Tire & Auto, we customize car inspections for each owner. As such, please let us know if you are experiencing any particular problems. Bring along any maintenance records, especially if you have had service performed elsewhere.
A thorough inspection can take anywhere from one to three hours. You can either drop your vehicle off or use our comfortable waiting area, whichever you prefer.
The cost of an inspection can vary based on how in-depth it is. Our mechanic will always disclose the amount up front so that you know exactly what to expect.
What Does an Inspection Cover?
During an inspection, we’ll look at several components including:
- Belts and hoses-looking for missing hose clamps, poor fit, excessive wear
- Braking system-checking for worn pads and rotors, brake fluid levels, master cylinder leaks
- Steering and suspension-examining the axles, CV joints, rack and pinion steering system, power steering pump
- Heating and Air Conditioning-checking for thermostat issues, coolant levels, blower motor condition
- Engine-looking for leaks, cracks, or excessive wear and tear
- Transmission-inspecting for leaks, worn gaskets, fluid and filter quality
- Charging system-determining the age and condition of battery, starter, and alternator
- Lights-seeing that headlights, high beams, taillights, and brake lights work properly
- Exterior to discover rust, body damage, cracked windshields, or broken mirrors
How is an Inspection Performed?
In most cases, by placing your vehicle on a lift and/or checking certain components underneath the hood. However, there may be times when our mechanic would need to use diagnostic equipment or even take your automobile on a short drive around Sun City AZ.
What Happens after an Inspection?
You will receive a detailed report of our findings, to include any recommended repairs. Our technicians will explain the report in detail and will be happy to answer any questions you may have. You’re never under any obligation to have the work done; however, we are always happy to provide written estimates for auto repair upon request.
When Should I have an Inspection Performed?
Car inspections are always needed before buying a used automobile. But you could also need one before taking an extended road trip or trading it in.
If your vehicle is getting quite a few miles on it, or it has been some time since your last inspection, we encourage you to have an auto checkup, as well. Doing so could help you identify small problems before they become bigger, more expensive ones.
High Quality Auto Inspections in Sun City AZ
Now that you know what to expect during car inspections, why not go ahead and schedule yours? Have peace of mind as you travel around Sun City by contacting Sun City Tire & Auto today. We offer a convenient appointment schedule and look forward to seeing you soon.